Monday, April 18, 2011

+First!

So, no illustration for this, unless if I have the time to. And I'll just add the illustration in. But right now, I really feel like writing a poem. This line has been stuck in my head ever since yesterday! "The future is not bright, but only the past is." I know it sounds pessimistic but maybe it is because I had a thought about how the world is gradually dying. I don't mean to be pessimistic, but that is how I feel at the moment and I can't force myself to feel otherwise. I know that maybe something good might come. But I just had that thought somehow. I just thought of how the world used to be such a nice, clean, beautiful place that I would love to wake up to. The world just seemed to have a brighter and better future in the past. I don't know how to put it but I hope you understand.

^^^^

Through these two eyes in my head I see the world from a tiny scope of sadness.
The future I imagine and want is the past that I have never lived in,
Heart-beating fun nights with sounds of happiness and breaths of bliss through the streets-
Late at night before and after dinner, where the folks meet.

People, living life like it is supposed to be.
All happy, trapped in a life that is beautiful and free,
As I stare at the mirror and meet the girl called "me" I asked her,
"What did we do? What happened? What is causing us to suffer?"

"I can see you!" I wish I could say to the fishes, hoping that they would answer me with a bubble,
Water so clear, it hugs you with its transparent arms after a sandwich under the tree, beside the pebbles.
Trees taking over the earth, like a tribe dancing and waving its arms giving us air to breathe, as we lie under them, and look through the breaking lights between the leaves,
And then I close my eyes for a deep breath, and notice it was just a dream.
And I am back to my nightmare. I look out- the world is a disease.

^^^^

I pray to God everyday that the world would be a better place. And I just hope it will. When? I don't know. I have been looking at a small scope and I have been too caught up with the lifestyle of the era I live in, and somehow, just somehow, from what I see now, everything seemed happier, peaceful and better in the past.

No comments:

Post a Comment